The Society for Pediatric Radiology Annual Meeting and Postgraduate Course will provide pediatric and general radiologists with an opportunity to do the following:
1. Summarize the most current information on state of the art pediatric imaging and the practice of pediatric radiology.
2. Describe and apply new technologies for pediatric imaging.
3. Describe and apply basic principles for implementing quality and safety programs in pediatric radiology.
4. Discuss trends in research concerning the care and imaging of pediatric patients.
5. Identify common challenges facing pediatric radiologists, and possible solutions.
6. Evaluate and apply means of minimizing radiation exposure during diagnostic imaging and image guided therapy.
At the conclusion of the experience, participants should have an improved understanding of the technologies discussed, increasing awareness of the costs and benefits of diagnostic imaging in children and of ways to minimize risks, and an improved general knowledge of pediatric radiology, especially as it interfaces with clinical decision making.