2014 Annual Meeting & Postgraduate Course
SPR 2014 Abstract Submission Closed
The abstract submission site has closed. Notifications will be e-mailed to the contact and presenting authors on or before November 29, 2013.
The hotel reservation deadline is Monday, April 21, 2014. The group rate will be confirmed based upon availability. It is possible that hotel rooms may sell out prior to the deadline; therefore it is strongly recommended that you make your reservation as early as possible. Reservations made after April 21 will be taken on a space-available basis and the SPR group rate cannot be guaranteed.
JW Marriott Washington DC Hotel
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20004
Phone: (202) 393-2000
- Single Standard Room $309.00*
- Double Standard Room $309.00*
Each additional person will be charged $30.00 per day.
*The above rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes (14.5% at the time of posting) in effect at the time of check-in.
How to Reserve Your Room
- JW Marriott's Reservation Department: (800) 266-9432 - Inform the representative that you are with the 2014 SPR Annual Meeting.
- Online by clicking here: IMPORTANT - To request your preferred room type (1 King or 2 Doubles) use the 'additional requests' field to state your preference.
Reservations must be guaranteed by credit card deposit equal to one night’s stay (including 14.5% room tax). Your first night’s room deposit is fully refundable if canceled at least 24 hours prior to your arrival date. Be sure to ask for a cancellation number.
Registration for the 2014 SPR Annual Meeting & Postgraduate Course is scheduled to open the end of December 2013. All SPR members will receive an e-mail when the site opens. Continue to check the website for up-to-date information about the meeting. We look forward to seeing you in DC!
2014 Annual Meeting
Interesting Places in
- Newseum – A 250,000-square-foot museum of news. As noted on their website, the Newseum offers an experience that blends five centuries of news history with up-to-the-second technology and hands-on exhibits. For more information, visit www.newseum.org.
- Smithsonian National Zoological Park – Admission to the National Zoo is FREE. However, there is a fee for parking. The National Zoo sits on 163 acres, and has over 400 different species. To plan your trip to the National Zoo, visit http://nationalzoo.si.edu.