SPR 2012 - On the Horizon
April 16-20, 2012 - Fairmont Hotel
Abstracts: Notices of presentation decisions were sent on December 15. If you did not receive an e-mail with the status of your submission, please contact us at SPR@acr.org.
San Francisco, California
Hotel Reservations: Reservations may be booked at the Fairmont Hotel via this secure link. If you prefer to phone in your reservation, please dial 415-772-5000 or toll-free 800-441-1414.
The SPR Child Abuse Imaging Conference held in Orlando early this month was a success. Attendees were particularly appreciative of the multi-speciality interaction. In fact, talks are underway exploring additonal opportunities to partner with the AAP.
Many of the speakers have made their slides and handouts available to the wider membership. Visit the Conference page to review the materials and expand your understanding of conference topics:
- Differential Diagnosis of Abusive Skeletal Injuries - Sabah E-Noor Servaes, MD
- Biochemical Rickets: What Does Low Vitamin D Mean in Infants? - Ingrid Holm, MD, MPH
- Radiologic Diagnosis of Rickets - Jeannette M. Perez-Rossello, MD
- History and Clinical Presentation of Abusive Head Trauma - Kent P. Hymel, MD
- Brain and Cervico-Medullary Injury: Imaging Patterns and Mechanisms P. Ellen Grant, MD
- Differential Diagnosis of Abusive Head Trauma - Gary L. Hedlund, DO
Thank very much to the SPR Child Abuse Committee and Course Organizer, Dr. Jeannette Perez-Rosello and co-Organizer Dr. Paul Kleinman.
Pediatric MSK Imaging: Beyond the Basics
9/21-23, 2012 -Ritz-Carlton Hotel
Key Biscayne, Florida.
Cardiac MR 2012
10th Cardiac MR hands-on symposium - Oct 23-26, 2012
8th Advanced Course for Pediatric Cardiovascular Imaging - Oct 26-28, 2012
- Hosted by: Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland, Oakland, CA Co-organizer: The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
- Hosted by: Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland, CA
- Co-organizer: The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
- Marriott Renaissance Hotel, Walnut Creek, CA
Fetal/Neonatal Imaging 2013
Mark your calendars!
Buena Vista Palace Resort
- Nominating Committee - SPR Active members are invited to nominate thoughtful candidates (including themselves) to stand for election to the 2012-13 Nominating Committee.Once elected, the Nominating Committee develops the next leadership slate for the Society.
- The deadline for nominations is March 5, 2012. The Nomination process and candidate form can be found HERE. The mail election will be held in the month prior to the SPR meeting.
- 2012-2013 Committee Service - President-Elect, Dr. Sue Kaste and current President, Dr. Don Frush are reviewing upcoming committee vacancies and will develop the final list of appointments while in San Francisco. Interested in committee service? Review the list of committees here and if you are interested, write to the SPR office to volunteer here.
On behalf of the SPR Research and Education Foundation, Dr. Brian Coley, calls for applications to the following programs:
Questions can be addressed to Jennifer Boylan. Applications to these programs and the associated review processes are administered by the Board of Trustees of the Foundation and decisions will be announced at the spring SPR meeting. Application instructions for all SPR REF Grant programs are found on the SPR website and at the links above. Note - all grants are now submitted through the common application process at www.radresearch.org.
- Seed Grant. To assist investigators in defining objectives and testing hypotheses before they apply for major grants from corporations, foundations or government agencies. Any area of radiology-related research is acceptable. Read more.....
- Research Fellow. To provide young investigators, not yet professionally established in the radiologic sciences, an opportunity to gain further insight into scientific investigation and to develop competence in research techniques and methods. This award requires the naming of an official Mentor in the department. Read more....
- Pilot Award. To provide a higher level of support for pediatric radiology-related projects of merit. This grant can be used to fund protected time. Read more....
- Note re Griscom Award: The Griscom award was generously funded directly by the Children's Hospital of Boston for a predetermined time period. That funding period has now ended.Therefore, there will be no Griscom award in 2012 while the REF Board seeks continuing funding for this important and successful grant program.
Back to Top
Show your commitment to Image Wisely and Image Gently -- display our full-color poster in your waiting rooms and scan rooms. Posters cost just $3 each and you may order as many as you like. Shipping is included free of charge. >>Order your poster now
Note: The order link will take you to the American College of Radiology online store. The poster measures 23 in. wide by 35 in. tall and will be shipped in a protective tube
IG NM at SPR
The Nuclear Medicine Dose Reduction Work Group invites SPR 2012 meeting attendees to attend a special session at the close of the SPR meeting.
Date: Friday, April 20, 2012
Time: 12:15 to 1:15 pm PST (local time)
An ABR press release alerts us that the American Board of Medical Specialties will report physicians' MOC status on its website as of August 1, 2012. Read the full press release here.....
Want even more ABR news? Read the Winter 2012 issue of the ABR Beam here.
Back to Top Join the Member list serv | SPR Career Center
The Society for Pediatric Radiology is dedicated to fostering excellence in pediatric health care through imaging and image-guided care.
The Society for Pediatric Radiology
1891 Preston White Drive | Reston, VA 20191
Tel 703-648-0680| Fax 703-880-0013