London Calling! IPR Abstracts due 12/6/2010
Abstract Submission deadline for the 2011 IPR Meeting, May 27-31, 2011 in London, England is Monday, December 6, 2010.
ESPR leadership and meeting planners are making final submission site arrangements now.
The Nominating Committee calls for input from the membership in identifying candidates for the slate of Officers and Board members to be presented to the membership by ballot in the spring.
The positions that will appear on the ballot are:
- 2nd Vice President (who will ascend to the Presidency in 2015)
- Two members of the Board of Directors
- One member of the SPR Research and Education Foundation Board
Review the guidelines/expectations for Society leaders HERE.
Please send your nominations to Dr. Neil Johnson, Chair, Nominating Committee c/o the SPR office by October 30, 2010.
Honors Committee - Call for Nominations
The Honors Committee, chaired by Dr. Marilyn Goske, seeks nominations for these 2011 SPR awards:
- The Gold Medal is awarded to a member of SPR who has made outstanding contributions to the care of children, to pediatric radiology, and to our society.
- Honorary membership is conferred on any individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the care of children through scientific innovations which impact pediatric radiology. Usually, this is a person not otherwise eligible for membership in the society.
- The Presidential Recognition Award is given to a person, usually a member, whom the Society desires to recognize for his/her exemplary service to our society.
- The Singleton-Taybi Award is given in honor of Edward Singleton and in memory of Hooshang Taybi in recognition of their personal commitment to the educational goals of the SPR. Initiated in 2006, the Award is presented annually to a senior member of the SPR whose professional lifetime dedication to the education of medical students, residents, fellows, and colleagues has brought honor to him/her and to the discipline of pediatric radiology.
Click HERE to review prior recipients of the Society's honors.
Process and timeline:
- July to October 12: Call for Nominations (mailings and email newsletters)
- October 12: Nominations submitted to Honors Committee members
Send your nominations by October 12 to Honors committee chair, Dr. Marilyn Goske c/o the SPR office.
Singleton Chair Announced
Congratulations to Dr. Edward Singleton, SPR Past President and Gold Medalist, who has been honored once again. The Texas Children’s Hospital Board of Trustees recognized his legacy and devotion of nearly 60 years to pediatric radiology by establishing the Edward B. Singleton, MD, Chair in Pediatric Radiology at Texas Children’s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine.
Dr. George Bisset III, current chief of the department of pediatric radiology, was named the recipient of the endowed chair and looks to further research in pediatric radiology through the opportunities provided by the Edward B. Singleton Chair.
Dr. Bisset commented: "Dr. Singleton has been one of the most respected and admired leaders in pediatric radiology for more than 55 years, and Texas Children's Hospital is truly fortunate to have benefited from his continued commitment to our patients and their families. This endowed chair is in honor of Dr. Singleton’s legacy of excellence in the field of pediatric radiology, as well as his devotion to the pursuit of excellence in patient care, education and research."
2011 Dues Invoices and Online Payment Site
Emailed 2011 dues invoices were sent this week. Click HERE to directly access the secure site for dues payments and Research and Education Foundation donations. Help us save trees, postage, and manpower hours by paying your 2011 dues promptly.
Accreditation News You Can Use
Key Facts About MIPPA
WHAT:The Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA) was passed in July 2008.
WHO: Outpatient providers of advanced diagnostic imaging services (ADIS) that
bill under Part B of the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule must be accredited by an approved provider.
WHEN: You must be accredited by Jan. 1, 2012, to receive payment for the technical
component of Medicare services. Click on the image to download the ACR Accreditation Newsletter and learn more.
Fetal/Neonatal ALARA CT Symposium on Pediatric CV MR
Orlando, Florida Dallas, Texas January 18-21, 2011
January 28-30, 2011 March 5- 6, 2011 Advanced Ped CV Imaging
January 21-23, 2011
Pediatric Radiology Map - Get listed!
Last month we added ~20 instiutions to the map. Is your place there? With the increasing national focus on appropriate imaging, parents are finding the SPR website and accessing the Pediatric Radiology map - found on the site's Parent and Patients button.
To make sure your institution is linked to the map, send an email providing the exact link you wish to appear on the page.
Are you on Facebook?
If so, get connected (and stay informed) via the SPR and Image Gently facebook pages.
Last month, members received an email invitation to participate in a 5-minute survey about their intussusception techniques. The goal of the team from UC-Davis and Stanford is to collect unpublished, secret "tricks and tips" about intussusception reduction. Please share your clinical expertise with us by completing the survey. Follow this link to access the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/H5286KP (If you have already completed the survey, thank you!)
Join the Member list serv | SPR Career Center | facebook
The Society for Pediatric Radiology is dedicated to fostering excellence in pediatric health care through imaging and image-guided care.
The Society for Pediatric Radiology | 1891 Preston White Drive |
Reston, VA 20191 | Tel 703-648-0680| Fax 630-305-0196 | www.pedrad.org
Back to Top