IPR 2011 Abstract Collection Plans
Abstract Submission for the 2011 IPR Meeting, May 27-31, 2011 in London, England is scheduled for early-December.
ESPR leadership and meeting planners are making final arrangements now. The collection site will open later this fall.
Pediatric Radiology Map - Get listed!
With the increasing national focus on appropriate imaging, parents are finding the SPR website and accessing the Pediatric Radiology map - found on the site's Parent and Patients button.
To make sure your institution is linked to the map, send an email providing the exact link you wish to appear on the page.
SPR REF Pilot and Griscom Award Announcements
Dr. Donald Frush, President of the SPR Research and Education Foundation, is pleased to announce the decisions of the Foundation Board for the Pilot and Griscom awards:
"Motion-Robust, High Resolution MRI of Lungs with Ultra-Short TR/TE 2D SSFP and HASTE Sequences in Pediatric Patients with Cystic Fibrosis: Comparison to HRCT and Correlation with Pulmonary Function Tests” -Edward Y. Lee MD, MPH, Children's Hospital, Boston
N. Thorne Griscom Award for Education:
"Developing and Implementing a Sustainable Appropriately Designed Paediatric Radiology Fellowship & Teaching Program within a large teaching hospital in a developing country" - Manohar Shroff, MBBS, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ONT, Canada
Dr. Frush thanks the Foundation Board and the members of the external review panel who assisted in the review process. He also thanks the many members who submitted outstanding applications for these awards.
Pediatric Radiologist, Lane Donnelly, named to ABR
As reported in RSNA News, the American Board of Radiology (ABR) has elected officers and named new members to its board of trustees. New officers are:
Among the new trustees are pediatric radiologist, Lane F. Donnelly, MD Other new trustees are Lisa A. Kachnic, MD, and Mary C. Mahoney, MD.
- Bruce G. Haffty, MD, president
- James P. Borgstede, MD, president-elect
- Richard L. Morin, PhD, secretary-treasurer.
Pediatric Dose Registry
Click here to read the full RSNA News story on the establishment of the first national pediatric dose registry, led by SPR Past president, Dr. Marilyn Goske.
This effort is funded funded through a 2009-2011 RSNA Research & Education Foundation Education Scholar Grant, supported by the Derek Harwood-Nash grant endowment and Harvey and Jean Picker. .
Image Gently News
The translation teams led by Dr. Kimberly Applegate continue to produce! New this month? Greek translation of the basic CT safety brochure for parents.
Videos of both the 2008 CT Vendor Conference and the 2010 CR/DR Vendor Conference are now available from the image gently home page.
The Nominating Committee calls for input from the membership in identifying candidates for the slate of Officers and Board members to be presented to the membership by ballot in the spring.
The positions that will appear on the ballot are:
- 2nd Vice President (who will ascend to the Presidency in 2015)
- Two members of the Board of Directors
- One member of the SPR Research and Education Foundation Board
Review the guidelines/expectations for Society leaders HERE.
Please send your nominations to Dr. Neil Johnson, Chair, Nominating Committee c/o the SPR office by October 30, 2010.
Honors Committee - Call for Nominations
The Honors Committee, chaired by Dr. Marilyn Goske, seeks nominations for these 2011 SPR awards:
- The Gold Medal is awarded to a member of SPR who has made outstanding contributions to the care of children, to pediatric radiology, and to our society.
- Honorary membership is conferred on any individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the care of children through scientific innovations which impact pediatric radiology. Usually, this is a person not otherwise eligible for membership in the society.
- The Presidential Recognition Award is given to a person, usually a member, whom the Society desires to recognize for his/her exemplary service to our society.
- The Singleton-Taybi Award is given in honor of Edward Singleton and in memory of Hooshang Taybi in recognition of their personal commitment to the educational goals of the SPR. Initiated in 2006, the Award is presented annually to a senior member of the SPR whose professional lifetime dedication to the education of medical students, residents, fellows, and colleagues has brought honor to him/her and to the discipline of pediatric radiology.
Click HERE to review prior recipients of the Society's honors.
Process and timeline:
- July to September 24: Call for Nominations (mailings and email newsletters)
- September 25: Nominations submitted to Honors Committee members
- October 16 - Awardees selected by conference call(s)
- October 20 - Committee Reports to Board
- October 21: Awardees(s) and nominators notified, biographers determined.
Send your nominations by September 24 to Honors committee chair, Dr. Marilyn Goske c/o the SPR office.
Fetal/Neonatal ALARA CT Symposium on Pediatric CV MR
Orlando, Florida Dallas, Texas January 18-21, 2011
January 28-30, 2011 March 5- 6, 2011 Advanced Ped CV Imaging
January 21-23, 2011
SPRS 2010 meeting - San Juan, Puerto Rico
The SPRS invites you to participate in their 2010 meeting in San Juan, Puerto Rico, October 8-10.
Visit this link to obtain complete program information for the SPR 2010 meeting. Questions about the meeting may be addressed to Laura Hayes at email@example.com.
PCPRA meetings - 2010 and plans for 2011
The Pacific Coast Pediatric Radiology Association held their 2010 meeting in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Attendees agreed the meeting was stimulating and the site beautiful!
2011 meeting plans are in development now, but plan for August in the San Francisco Bay area.
Online Access to Pediatric Radiology
Springer tech support suggested a recent improvement to our on-line access to the journal. So far, we believe access is more stable. Have you noticed a difference? Let us know.
Did you know? The SPR Board allows members to survey members through this newsletter and through the SPR facebook page.
Take a few moments to help your colleagues with their research:
- Please take two minutes to share your current practice regarding the use of IV and oral CT contrast. This information will be compiled and shared at the next SPR meeting. Click below to access:
- The SPR Taskforce on Neonatal Imaging is interested in gathering information on trends in imaging and reporting on renal ultrasound and VCUG in neonates. This survey should only take one minute to complete. Click below to access:
Join the Member list serv | SPR Career Center | facebook
The Society for Pediatric Radiology is dedicated to fostering excellence in pediatric health care through imaging and image-guided care.
The Society for Pediatric Radiology | 1891 Preston White Drive |
Reston, VA 20191 | Tel 703-648-0680| Fax 630-305-0196 | www.pedrad.org
Back to Top