Radiography - Resources
In February of 2010 a CR/DR Vendor Summit was held at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, MO. Click here to listen to presentations given at this informative meeting or select one of the individual links below.
CR/DR Summit - February 2010
Welcome - R. Gilbert Jost, MD (3:04)
Image Gently Introduction - Marilyn J. Goske, MD (12:15)
Overview: State of Confusion - Steven Don, MD (13:32)
Technical Issues - J. Anthony Seibert, PhD, FAAPM (15:05)
Image Quality - Eliot L. Siegel, MD, FSIIM (15:33)
Dose Index Registry - Richard L. Morin, PhD, FAAPM (15:22)
IHE & Radiation Exposure Monitoring - Kevin O’Donnell, MS (18:21)
Also in 2010, Image Gently was awarded a contract from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to develop educational materials and a safety checklist for plain film radiography. Please use the following materials to help you to remember to Image Gently when performing routine radiographs on pediatric patients.
- Digital Radiography Safety Checklist- Safety Steps to Do and Verify for your pediatric patient- Please implement this checklist as a visual reminder of radiography procedures.
- Implementation Manual Image Gently Digital Radiography Safety Checklist - this manual will provide a step by step process for implementation of the CR/DR checklist.
The CR/DR Checklist can also be utilized as a Practicing Quality Improvement (PQI) project for your Radiology Department. Below you will find links to instructions for using the Practicing Quality Improvement spreadsheet, data sheet for you to input your site's data, and data summary information. Please create a folder on a single computer at your location and download the documents below to this folder. Then follow the instructions to link them together on your PC.
- Instructions for using the Practicing Quality Improvement spreadsheet can be found here.
- Please Click here to download the data sheet for you to input your site's data and then download the data summary Word document found here by clicking here.
If you wish to return to the CR/DR homepage, please click here.
- We would like to thank the Department of Radiology at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center for review of the Image Gently Digital Radiography Manual.