IR Frequently Asked Questions - Links to More Information
Further information is available on many of the websites of members of The Alliance. There is a wealth of information available online; some useful sites are listed below:
The Radiation Protection of patients website of the IAEA has wealth of information for children and adults.
- The American College of Radiology has recently published a broader overview of the issues of radiation dose in medicine. Find the White paper here.
- Facilities that are knowledgeable on pediatric imaging have been shown to use lower radiation dose techniques than most general facilities. A guide to pediatric interventional radiology services near you can be found on the Society for Pediatric Interventional Radiology website www.spirweb.org.
- The Society for Pediatric Radiology provides information about pediatric radiology, including pediatric interventional radiology at www.pedrad.org
- The Society for Interventional Radiology provides information about interventional radiology, including pediatric interventional radiology at www.sirweb.org
- The website www.RadiologyInfo.org is a collaboration between the American College of Radiology and the Radiology Society of North America that provides information about many interventional radiology procedures. Pediatric specific updates are in progress. Information about radiation exposure can be found here: http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/safety/index.cfm?pg=sfty_xray
- The National Cancer Institute provides general information about interventional fluoroscopy. Future pediatric specific updates are being planned. Find the information here http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/interventionalfluoroscopy/page1.
- The United States Food and Drug Administration has published recommendations for reducing radiation risk. Find it here.
- FAQ's for Medical professionals, Parents and Press