The 2016-17 Honors Committee's work is now underway: The Deadline for submitting candidates for the committee's consideration - September 23, 2016 - has passed.
The three most recent SPR Past Presidents form the SPR Honors Committee. The most senior past president serves as committee chair. The Honors Committee selects the Gold medalist, the Honorary Member, the Pioneer Awardee and the Singleton/Taybi Awardee.
- Gold medal: awarded to a member who has made outstanding contributions to the care of children, to pediatric radiology, and to our society
- Honorary membership; conferred on an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the care of children through scientific innovations which impact pediatric radiology. Usually, this is a person not otherwise eligible for membership in the society.
- The Pioneer Awardee is an individual whose work has had a significant impact on the way pediatric radiology is practiced or perceived. The award is given to recognize early and significant contributions to our specialty and Society.
- Singleton/Taybi Award is given to a member who best exemplifies dedication to, and achievement of, the educational goals of the SPR.
The 2016-17 Nominating Committee Calls for Candidates: Deadline - October 31, 2016
Member input due by October 31, 2016.The responsibility of the 2016-17 Nominating Committee is to develop the slate of leaders to stand for election to serve beginning in the 2017-18 Society year:
Nominations for candidates to serve on the Nominating Committee - 2016 process is now closed - the 2017 process will open in the first quarter of the 2017.
- This is your chance to influence the future of the Society by helping pick the people who pick the people. The Members of the SPR Nominating Committee are both nominated and voted on by the Society’s Active Members. Each year, the responsibility of the Committee is to develop the slate of officers to be voted on by the Members. To nominate an SPR member to serve on the Nominating Committee (the committee that identifies the next leaders of the Society), Active members are asked to submit this online Nomination form (link intentionally disabled) and arrange for a second Active Member to submit a letter/email of support sent to email@example.com.
NOTE: Members of the Nominating Committee are not eligible for consideration for positions on the slate.
Bylaws changes for 2017
Swedish Pediatric Society Statement
SBU report google translate